Thursday, May 1, 2008

Ok, ok, I get it.

So, there's this lady that works in one of my day job's satellite offices and she has NO idea that I subscribe to her blog--I found it through the blog of one of my former coworkers.


But alas, that is neither here nor there.

This is what she wrote at the bottom of her blog about talking to a lady in a bar that was wearing a tiara and had apparently retired yesterday after 47.5 years of being at the same job.


It was exciting to feel this woman’s energy as she enters the next chapter of her life, ready to turn the page but not yet put the book down. I suppose that’s all any of us can really ask, the opportunity at the end of our days working for the man to do something we truly enjoy, truly have passion for, and do it on our own terms. Some folks get to do this for a living throughout their adult lives, others of us choose to indulge our passions yet not reap financial rewards. The key is to find a way to marry the two, I suppose. Find joy in what you do every day. Live life to its fullest. Stop to smell the roses, watch the clouds, smile at a puppy. . .and to live as a queen, every day.
Thanks to Mandi (from yesterday) and B. from today.

Lord, I hear you speaking (yelling at times)...now just let me know out how I can pay my bills, have a place to live and transportation and maybe I'll think about taking the leap into what I'm passionate about! ;)


Or marry Paulo. He makes quite a good living and can support me in my philanthropic habits. (Mandi, you can unclench your jaw now...I was just kidding.)



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

cat's out of the bag:). Glad I could provide you with something inspiring. . .life is short. . .live it:)

AMW said...

girl, i told you i <3 paulo. if you don't marry him, i will.

bwahaha!