Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Literary tricks and what two subjects to never put in the same sentence

Last night started out on a rocky foot...the first 30 minutes or so I was in the store were very awkward between Paulo and I. He greeted me as soon as I walked in, but then was randomly standoffish. I think it's just the fact that he's a boy. Seriously. But later on he said how much my letter made his day--especially the part about the girl's skin. He liked how I brought it up again later at the end--"that must be a literary trick or something." HA! It apparently made him laugh until he was out of breath. Which is nice, because he's a self-admitted under-laugher. He said he generally chuckles, but doesn't have a belly-deep laugh but maybe once a month. How sad!

So, I think Paulo and I are on a different plane now (I'm sorry to dash your Paulo-loving hopes!). He's just a fun guy that shaves his head, yet misses some so there's a patch of slightly-longer-than-bald hair behind his right ear and a guy that during our TORNADO last night goes out into the storm to pull this lady's car up to the front door so she could easily get her three small kids to the car with her groceries without having to face too much of the storm. No seriously. How cute. He was soaked...and I may or may not have seen him changing out of his soaked shirts into a sweatshirt...and he may or may not be hairy (and I'm totally ok with that. I'm more than ok with that, actually.)

Anyway, I think he'll just be a terrific friend--maybe soon we can all go to that Braves game as planned and without a romantic agenda, hopefully we can have fun. As my second mother at work, Margaret, and I discussed last night (she knows the whole saga)--sometimes you've just got to be a friend to someone to show them Jesus. Preach, sister! And Paulo maybe catching a glimpse of Christ is WAY more important than me and him making little Paulos. Wait. I'm pretty sure I shouldn't mention illicit sex and Jesus in the same sentence. Paragraph even. Shoot!

I was in charge of the front office again last night (I'm getting GOOD) and he sent the new full timer home (the guy just transferred to our store and just looked slap worn out)--so we closed down the books again and it was fun. There are some papers we have to initial, and I automatically initial anything ABL--so he asked about the B. I told him and he remembered he asked me the same thing last week...and without me asking he volunteered that his middle name is Reed. Too cute cause that's an adorable name for his future child...but I'm not talking about babies anymore, ok?

Ok, gotta head to a meeting.

2 comments:

Rantipole15 said...

I'm trying to visualize a rocky foot.
...
None of the images I'm getting seem like a good way to begin an evening. So I'm glad it improved.

You make me laugh pretty hard too, but I've always laughed loud, so it's not quite as much of a triumph. Keep it up, though!

The Spicy Chickadee said...

I love your escapades. You make me laugh so hard that I actually snort. I don't know if I should admit that or not... I love the pictures you paint with your words and the way you allow people to share in your life through your writing. Thank you. :)