Monday, May 19, 2008

My Top Ten Albums of 2007

So I just realized I didn't ever post this--it's a top ten list I wrote at the beginning of '08 as to the top ten albums, for me, in 2007. They are in alphabetical by album name, not ranked, order.

Armchair Apocrypha (Andrew Bird)
Because of the Times (Kings of Leon)
the.broken.headphones EP (Jason Harwell)
The Ghost of Fashion (Clem Snide)
I'm Like a Virgin Losing a Child (Manchester Orchestra)
In Our Nature (Jose Gonzalez)
Nothing Is Okay (the everybodyfields)
Sandwiches & Cats (Michael Showalter--comedy)
The Shepherd's Dog (Iron and Wine)
The Stage Names (Okkervil River)


I've included the links (mostly Amazon) so you'll give some of it a listen...if you'd like to go to their websites, well, just google their name and voila! there they are.

I love them all for different reasons--and they are all solid songs lyrically (except for Kings of Leon...but they rock so hard it doesn't matter) and that's what I fall for every time.

I write this hoping it will tide you over until I can get a chance to write, epically of course, about my EPIC weekend including: a letter to Paulo, a block party in downtown ATL at my church, watching the movie P.S. I Love You, and, of course, me getting the number of two different (and cute!) single, eligible men--one being a cop! Ah ha!

3 comments:

Rantipole15 said...

A letter to Paulo? The number of a cute cop? Do tell, dahling, as soon as may be!

Anonymous said...

I second what Bep said!

The Spicy Chickadee said...

I third what Bep said. :)