Wednesday, August 13, 2008

RE: mind blown

I totally sent him (the guy I go to church with that I was also matched with on eHarmony) my list of closed ended questions (that's step two in the 10 step guided communication process). Not only do I know him, but I really liked what he had to say in his profile.

My questions to him are (there are like 30 questions to choose from, the A, B, C, D answers are already determined...I didn't write them):

1.
If you were taken by your date to a party where you knew no one, how would you respond?
A. Stay close to my date, letting him/her introduce me
B. Find a spot at the back bar and relax alone, letting him/her work the room
C. Strike out on my own, introducing myself and making friends
D. I would ask my partner if I could skip this particular event

2. Which of the following marriage issues do you fear most?
A. Fear of growing apart
B. Fear of marrying the wrong person
C. Fear of becoming "your parents"
D. Fear of being hurt

3. If you went out to eat with a friend, which of the following would you prefer?
A. A nice 4-star restaurant
B. A basic steakhouse
C. An undiscovered hideaway
D. A hole in the wall with great food

4. If you could take a dream getaway, where would you most likely choose to spend a week?
A. Paris
B. Hawaii
C. Hiking in the mountains
D. A cottage by the sea

5. How important is it to you that your partner be accepted by your family and friends?
A. Very important
B. Important, I trust my family and friends but sometimes they are wrong
C. Slightly important, if they had a strong objection I might consider it
D. Not important at all, their opinions would not influence me

I also emailed him (through real email) and told him that he should let me know when he gets the eHarmony email--although I just said "I just sent you an email from a very specific website...let me know when you get it ;)"...so he can totally take it as a joke (which I mean) or he can take our match seriously (which I'm totally open to). It's a win-win situation.

I called the lady and my friend at our church that knows both of us and the news made her laugh until she cried, and then, like a thirteen-year-old girl she yelled, "CONTACT HIM!" She thinks this could be "the start of something beautiful!" So, we'll let him make the next move. She also prompted me to call our pastor (who's been my friend for 13 years)...so I left a very amusing voicemail for him as well.

Please feel free to answer those questions and leave them in the comments. Also, try to guess what answer I'm hoping for on each of them...it'll be fun. Like a game!

Ok. I actually have to get some work done today.

Oh, and this guy shall hereby be called BC. Good day.

No comments: