Thursday, August 21, 2008

Hello Lame, my name is Corporate Law

Just got out of a meeting. Topic of meeting?

If our published hours of work are 8-5 we cannot be at our desks before or after said time. Fine. The kicker: we cannot take our lunch breaks at our desks because when I'm in my cube, I'm technically "working."

No more eating lunch while watching things on Hulu or blogging (during lunch) or any other such actions. If I'm to eat here, I have to eat in the breakroom. With 200 of my closest friends. And two microwaves. And maybe 20 chairs. That should go really well, now shouldn't it?

I guess I'll just waste gas and go home every day. Or go out to eat. Or just sit in my car listening to podcasts. Awesome.

God bless corporate life.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow. That is completely ridiculous.

Shawna

The Spicy Chickadee said...

stupid. now what am i going to do at work without your blog to read??

Anna B said...

don't worry, little one. I'm still planning on blogging, just not while my "At Lunch" sign is hanging up.

And I have a computer with active internet at home now, so that aids in my blogging abilities.

IGA said...

This is total bs. If you can't use your cubicle for things other than work - then what's the point? Next they'll be telling us we can't have conjugal visits in the office bathrooms.