Saturday, August 16, 2008

it really IS in the attitude!

Ok, so at some point right before I got to work this afternoon a peace fell over me...and a confidence I don't think I've ever felt seeped into my very being. And this is the outcome: I am no longer intimidated by my EH match to BC. Not at all. We're a match on all 29 personality points or whatever they're called. I am a catch. That's the long and the short of it. I shouldn't be intimidated by his good looks, his famous dad, his seeming intelligence or his possible wealth. I am worthy. There is nothing about me embarrassing or that should be hidden away. I'm tired of not feeling good enough.

If he's not game for our potential romance, then I shall move on and wait upon the Lord some more! This is a very freeing moment!

We all have things we need to work on and nothing is ever going to be perfect. There is never a time where I will say, "Finally, my junk is pulled together. Only now am I ready for someone else to enter my territory."

So, hopefully I'll see BC at church tomorrow night. If not, well, too bad. For him. I hope he's not shallow enough that he'll let my EH match and subsequent contact with him deter him from worshiping at our church. If he is, well, that's not a good sign at all.

When I just checked my email, I have eight new matches on EH and then a guy sent me an "email" just saying hello. Now, he's a BBM (beautiful black man)...but he's not a Christian. I'm going to email him back stating how that's a deal breaker...but it's the fact that there ARE men interested...I just haven't met the right one yet! (BEP! THE ONE, the one, the one, the one) Also, I have a yahoo personals account because that's the one that makes me laugh most often and I was sent a "You have new matches" email from them this evening as well. And I was matched with a true fridge/lumberjack and under his ideal body type for a woman: "A few extra pounds, Voluptuous." Bonus. He loves Jesus and I will be emailing him this evening as well.

It's amazing what a little self confidence will do to improve your outlook on life!

And in the immortal words of Stuart Smalley:

1 comment:

Rantipole15 said...

Hi Anna! I'm at Chad's grandparents' house in NY (a stopover on our way to NJ) so I'm able to get my internet fix...I just wanted to say that this entry made me very happy, and that Chad routinely says "and gosh darn it, people like me!"