Sunday, August 17, 2008

No seriously, I'm heading to Vegas...

...to elope with THIS guy:

The one thing Steven is most passionate about:

  • I am passionate about foreign culture & travel, about people, and about God's grace & glory. I love to travel around the globe. I am fluent in Spanish, conversational in Arabic, & I speak enough French to embarrass myself. I love discovering the uniqueness of various cultures. I am an extrovert at heart & love being around people. I enjoy making people feel included and welcomed. God has shown me his grace over & over through His protection & providence. He is my strength & my portion, and my greatest passion is reflecting His glory among the nations.

The three things which Steven is most thankful for:

  • My wonderful family & friends
  • Opportunities I've had to travel all over the world
  • God's grace & protection

The most influential person in Steven's life has been:

  • Hmm... this is a hard one. I would say that rather than one individual I have been most influenced by a series of fellowships or communities: my summer Bible Study in high school, my BCM accountability group in college, the church staff I worked with as Student Pastor, my house-church overseas. It's the community, the composite of individuals through the leading of the Holy Spirit, that has most impacted my life decisions and has helped make me who I am today.

Steven's friends describe him as:

  • Intelligent
  • Spontaneous
  • Passionate
  • Spiritual

Three of Steven's best life-skills are:

  • Remaining calm yet resilient during a crisis
  • Making new friends
  • Sharing my beliefs through teaching, participation, and example

The most important thing Steven is looking for in a person is:

  • I'm looking for someone who has counted the cost of following Christ and is on an adventure with Him.

The first thing you'll probably notice about Steven when you meet him:

  • Probably my laugh. My students make fun of me because I laugh too loud and too often, but I have found that good-natured laughter is the quickest way to put someone at ease. Living overseas I quickly learned that, even if there's a language barrier and you have no idea what the other person just said, if you can read the situation well enough to know when to laugh, you've made a close friend (even if he's making fun of you!)

The one thing Steven wishes MORE people would notice about him is:

  • I don't really know...

Steven typically spends his leisure time:

  • Since I can't afford to travel all the time, I love meeting new friends from around the world, learning about new languages & improving the languages I know.

The things Steven can't live without are:

  • Laptop (My connection to the world)
  • Cell phone (My connection to my friends & family)
  • iPod (Music is my recharge)
  • My books (Sadly, I like books more than reading!)
  • A little bit of adventure in every day

The last book Steven read and enjoyed:

  • I'm the kind of reader who has 4 or 5 books going at any given moment and switches haphazardly between them. I just finished a collection of short stories in Spanish. My favorite was "El primer milagro", the story of the Nativity told from the perspective of the stingy, dysfunctional family of the innkeeper. I'm currently almost finished with "Mere Christianity" by CS Lewis. I love the keen sharpness with which Lewis gets to the heart of things. "A great many things have gone wrong with the world that God made and... God insists, and insists very loudly, on our putting them right again." Brilliant!

One thing that only Steven's best friends know is:

  • How to make me blush.

Some additional information Steven wanted you to know is:

  • I just returned from 2 1/2 years of studying Arabic while living in the Middle East (Lebanon & Jordan, not Iraq). And yes, I'm an AP Spanish teacher, so I speak 3 languages. I'm hoping to start my Masters in Applied Linguistics in the spring at Georgia State and then in a few years move back overseas... Where? Only God knows for now!
Oh! And he's totally cute. Awesome.

Thanks eHarmony :)

No comments: