Wednesday, August 13, 2008

love on a different front

ok ok ok...I have recommitted to online dating. Not "committed" like I'm dedicating a lot of time to it, I'm just re-reviewing it as a possible avenue.

Well, when I graduated from college a friend (for whatever reason) bought me a year's subscription to eHarmony. You can't ever get deleted from their system no matter how hard you try, so the other day (due to a great story from my friend Autumn about the liberating things she's learned about herself and her new "friend" Bernard from eHarmony) I renewed my profile (with a coupon of course!) and I've decided that I will post any amusing/frightening/touching things/people/comments I come across while traversing the intraweb dating scene.

Today's funny comment from a guy named Kevin who works for the University of Alabama's football team:
"The last book Kevin read and enjoyed:
Game of Shadows. its a book that talks about steroids in sports. (i know, not the most romantic novel i could come up w/)"

I love that he thought to himself, "What's the last romantic novel I read?" and his answer was about steroids in sports. It just struck me as amusing.

The rest of his answers were cute and I will be allowing him the honor of getting to step two (out of ten...Dr. Neil Clark Warren a'int playin') in our communication process.

"Some additional information Kevin wanted you to know is:
I'm just an honest, kind, caring and funny guy. I may not be the best looking guy in the world, but I easily make up for it with my personality and my kindness."
--he's totally teddy bear adorable (which we all know is one of my top three types) and that phrase makes you go "Awwwww..." not "Why would he put himself down like that?" He's humble. And loves Jesus. And that's enough for me.

2 comments:

Rantipole15 said...

It does indeed make me go "awww."

Anna B said...

he totally closed our match because he feels "our physical distance is too great."

So sad, I know.