Monday, August 25, 2008

New Year's!

I've just made the decision: I'm heading to Maine for New Years!

Hooray!

I checked with my dear friends the J. Emlets and they are willing to host me (at least that's what I inferred through text message) and the airline prices are actually pretty decent---so I'm headed to Maine December 29-Jan 2nd!

There shall be some of this:


















And this:


















And of course this (if Bethany isn't too pregnant and let's us come over and hang out):


















And the most wonderful tradition of all, this:




















And he'll be a year older:


















And they'll be there cause they live there now!:


















And if we pray really hard, she'll be there too:


















And if we're lucky there will be this reunion:





















So, everyone and anyone: make your plans now! Let's go to Maine for New Years! We may have to have alternate NYE party plans, but that's ok. We're resourceful. Maybe we can host our own party down in the dining hall...Bethany, we'll set up and clean up after ourselves...we promise!

This idea has temporaily gotten me out of my perpetual job depression funk. Thanks guys!

Oh, and Iga, thanks for letting me come over and sit in your ultra-modern chairs. We should do it again some time.

Jason, apparently a crowd wants to come to Athens the next time I head out for the Carl Lundberg Jazz Trio night. It'll be fun!

Anyone up for traveling to Maine with me? It's readily apparent that there shan't be anyone "special" to travel with this year (perhaps ever. maybe it's best this way...now I don't have to ever throw out my ratty sleep shirt!)...so I might as well travel and spend as much time with friends as possible.

Ohp. Gotta get back to work.

Let me know! Have a great Monday afternoon!

3 comments:

IGA said...

You are welcome to sit in my mod chairs anytime. Or on my sofa. Or in my bed for that matter.

The point is, we like you and you're welcome to visit.

Anonymous said...

I want to come! Work is super insane-o right now, but I will investigate once things die down. And I'll try to give you a call soon.

Shawna

Rantipole15 said...

I got so excited looking at all those pictures! We can totally be responsible adults and host our own NYE party, right? BIG FUN. :) :) :)