Wednesday, June 4, 2008

it's going to be one of THOSE days I see

1. I almost committed vehicular homicide this morning. Three quite overweight (like, way bigger than me--yeah, I know) African American ladies decided to waddle their way across a 4-lane highway this morning where the speed limit is 55 and it's full of morning traffic. No seriously. I don't care where you come from ladies or that you're going to be late for work, but there is CLEARLY no median on the road and you had to cross through a gully of grass as the median. So don't look at me like I just raped your mother when I honk like crazy as I have to swerve in front of other traffic and go into the opposite gully just to avoid hitting you. I appreciate that the bus stop is on the opposite side of the road from where you need to be. However, crossing the highway is NOT the answer, you loons.

2. As I was exiting my car already frazzled at my almost-murders this morning I dropped my Diet Coke and got it all over my cream-colored pants. And since I cleaned out my car this weekend because I knew Missy would be riding with me, I had nothing to sop it all up with except for my work shirt that I had for tonight. Now I have to go back home at some point today to get another shirt.

3. My cohort in crime here at work got transfered--as in he and I are still working together, but he had to move desks. And now he and I have different supervisors. How that's going to work, I just don't know. But he (and since I share his email address, I did as well) got an email this morning where our client totally GROWLED at us. GROWLED. From her corporate email address. The woman wants am/pm added to her office hours. That's against our corporate formats. He told her that. And she responded with an email that just said "GRRRRRRRRRR." Awesome. This is also the lady that shrieked at him over the phone that the office hours were wrong. Sorry, as she wrote in her email they are WRONG. Yet, he scanned HER handwritten paper that had given us the apparently WRONG office hours on, she backed down. What is it with this company that makes them rude and feel like the are superior to everyone they encounter?

4. I have a friend (if you're reading this, well, I'm sorry, this is how I feel) that's dating someone she swore was horrible for her, he doesn't share her same beliefs, he treats her rather poorly, and the last time she and I really got to talk about this (sadly, this was at new year's) we examined how damaging this relationship was and how she was much better to be out of it. I found out they were dating again via Facebook (as I've found out about many life-changing things in the lives on my friends). I messaged her and I just feel bad. She's a GORGEOUS girl. Like, seriously. HOT model type, you know? And yet, her self worth is in the ground. She'd rather be in a relationship that isn't amazing just so she isn't alone. And that makes me so sad...because I love her so very much and I want the absolute best for her!


Today just needs to be a day of persistent prayers.

Paulo is back from his vacation today. I work with him tonight. I don't know how I feel about that. He really put me into a bind while he was gone. Grace and forgiveness, Anna. Grace and forgiveness. I don't know if he'll realize it as grace and forgiveness. I think he'll just realize it as him not having to answer to his failed responsibilities. But his bosses know of his dropped balls (ha!) and so I guess it's not my place to harp on him about them regardless. Oh, I found out last night from another full timer that he was indeed married and is now divorced. Paulo apparently never takes time off work. He's accumulated $13,000 worth of AR (absence reserve--you get a certainly percentage of hours worked toward paid time off each pay period). I know how much Paulo roughly makes in a year and through some calculations that means he could take near 7 weeks off fully paid. Wow. As Paulo said to this other guy, "No wonder I got divorced." Yeah. Girls don't like boys that are never home. And work super crazy weird hours and don't have holidays off.

Happy birthday Jen!

Happy anniversary Bep and Chad!

1 comment:

Rantipole15 said...

I hope your day goes OK...and that it's not too awkward with Paulo tonight...and that no one growls at you via email or anything else. I am continually amazed at the behavior of so-called adults, I must admit.