Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Why are the Rolling Stones and the Blackeyed Peas even in the same sentence?!

So, I went to the iTunes store this morning to see if they have the new EP from the Needers & Givers (which they do not. surprised? no.) Anyway, so I saw that the Rolling Stones have a Celebrity Playlist. I'm a marginal fan of the Stones and even I can't deny the role they've played in shaping modern rock music, so I clicked on the link.

And was met with this sight: On Mick Jagger's playlist, track 9: Shut Up by the Blackeyed Peas. I am not even kidding. He writes, "Very intense and funny writing."


Wow. Wow. Wow. And I especially love that he's kickin' it to Mary J. Blige featuring Method Man. But you certainly can't blame the man for loving Hey Ya! Who doesn't love Hey Ya!?


I'll tell you this: I love Icky Thump by the White Stripes. I love that whole album. It's weird and different, but it certainly gets us going late at night stocking shelves at that quaint little grocery store by whom I am employed...

Addition:
I was just looking at Charlie Watts' playlist: #17: Crazy in Love by Beyonce. He calls her "the best singer around." Wow.

No comments: