Wednesday, April 16, 2008

B-52's and The Rolling Stones?

So apparently my day is being sucked away by the iTunes store...but Andy Cohen posted a blog today (he's the SR VP of programming over at Bravo) and he makes me think about the B-52's b/c he loves them so I decided to give their new album Funplex a listen (end of sentence, breathe).

And it's just as fun and kooky as ever. I happened to look over at the "Listeners Also Bought" column and this is what I found interesting: people who bought Funplex also bought the Shine a Light (movie soundtrack) for the Rolling Stones documentary. Do those two genres generally go together?



I guess the R.E.M. nod and Moby and Duran Duran and Pet Shop Boys makes a little sense, but you don't meet a whole lotta B-52's fans that also dig documentaries about the Rolling Stones. I mean, I guess you don't. I guess I'll have to start asking people more now.

No comments: