Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Steven's Must Haves/Can't Stands

he seems perfectly lovely...but he just seems, well, serious. and, well, I don't know.

here is his list. I'll post mine below his, just so you can see them.


Must Haves:
Intellect...... I must have a partner who is bright and can share my understanding of the world as well as enjoy discussing important issues.
Spirituality...... I must have someone with a similar deep commitment to spirituality, who shares my beliefs.
Emotionally Healthy...... I must have a partner who is emotionally healthy, and able to share a stable life with someone else.
Tolerant...... I must have a partner who is able to hear and appreciate divergent viewpoints.
Self-Confident...... I must have a partner who knows and believes in himself/herself throughout life's ups and downs.
Adaptability...... I must have a partner who is able to adapt to life's surprises.
Emotionally Generous...... I must have a partner who enjoys people and is generous with his or her compassion, attention, sympathies and love.
Exciting...... I must have someone who isn't afraid to take a risk and who sees life as an adventure.
Strong Character...... I must have a partner who is honest and strong enough to do the right thing.
Chemistry...... I must feel deeply in love with and attracted to my partner.

Can't Stands:
Gossip...... I can't stand someone who loves to talk about other people.
Dependence...... I can't stand someone who bases their happiness on me.
Materialistic...... I can't stand someone who sees material items as a measure of success.
Grudges...... I can't stand someone who has a chip on their shoulder.
Judgmental...... I can't stand someone who finds fault with everyone and everything.
Racist...... I can't stand someone who believes that any particular ethnic group to which they belong is superior to the rest of humanity.
Drugs...... I can't stand someone who uses illegal recreational drugs.
Self-Centered...... I can't stand someone whose main topic of conversation is himself/herself.
Mean Spirited...... I can't stand someone who has a devious nature and is mean to others.
Intolerance...... While I understand that religious conviction is a positive trait, I can't stand someone who is self-righteous and feels that their particular faith is the only one that matters.

My list:
Must Haves:
Sense of Humor...... I must have someone who is sharp and can enjoy the humorous side of life.
Artistry...... I must have a partner who has a passion for music, literature, drama, art, and the finer things in life either as a spectator or participant.
Relaxed...... I must have a partner who is able to forget about money and focus on the important parts of life.
Tolerant...... I must have a partner who is able to hear and appreciate divergent viewpoints.
Communicator...... I must have someone who is good at talking and listening.
Spirit of Volunteerism...... I must have a partner who shares my willingness to volunteer and support community and/or social causes.
Emotionally Generous...... I must have a partner who enjoys people and is generous with his or her compassion, attention, sympathies and love.
Religious Practice...... My partner must be committed to being an active member of a church or temple congregation.
Patience...... I must have someone who can handle life's frustrations or momentary setbacks with a patient, steady, demeanor.
Strong Character...... I must have a partner who is honest and strong enough to do the right thing.


Can't Stands:
Worrier...... I can't stand someone who easily loses perspective and constantly worries.
Anger...... I can't stand someone who can't manage their anger, who yells, or bottles it up inside.
Workaholic...... I can't stand someone who treats everything in life as secondary to their job.
Petty...... I can't stand someone who focuses on imperfection.
Extremely Shy...... I can't stand someone who is so shy that they cannot open up and share with me.
Undependable...... I can't stand someone who fails to come through and is unreliable.
Self-Centered...... I can't stand someone whose main topic of conversation is himself/herself.
Depressed...... I can't stand someone who is constantly unhappy about their life.
Infidelity...... I can't stand someone who engages in sex outside a committed relationship.
Pessimism...... I can't stand someone who always sees the glass as half empty.

2 comments:

Rantipole15 said...

hi anna! i'm typing this left-handed while feeding brahm so forgive the typos. i must say you fulfill his must-havs amazingly well--I don't know if i konw anyone as emotionally generous as you, to name but one. I see that you both listed religion as important to you -is he a christan? i don't know exactly how EH goes about matchiong peope in that respet.

its hard to tell from merely comparing lists, as im sure youve gthered by now! but after a quick perusal (sorry, all I have time for at this minute) my reaction would be that you guys would seem to be a good match, but if you have misgivings (ie the too serious thing) dont disregard them either. i will go over it more thorougly at a later date! love you!

Anna B said...

yes, he's definitely a Christian. EH is very good about matching you with the things you put as the very most important to you. I haven't received any matches so far that haven't mentioned a deep, personal relationship with Jesus.

that's pretty excellent in my book.

And I'm not ruling him out...I don't know him! And the written word can often portray an image that is not always intended. I will definitely keep communicating with him just to flesh this thing out.

Thanks for sharing some Brahm feeding time with me!!!