Tuesday, September 2, 2008

I've been remiss

thank you very much to Katie/Kate, whichever name she goes by today; I have been reminded that there are some loose ends.


First off, the Fridge that I met on the stairway either lives with his girlfriend on the third floor of my building or else he visits a lot. Either way, he's off limits and off my radar. Sad day.


Secondly, Piano Boy seems unaffected by my field trip to visit him playing jazz. I mean, it was a good night, it just happened to be a good "friend" night. Oh well, c'est la vie. I shan't really dwell on it--I'm definitely out of my phase of wanting boys that can't or won't be mine. I don't pine gracefully, that's for sure. He's a nice chap and if he's in town he's going to be my "date" to the only man I've ever loved's 38th birthday (oh my goodness! 38! wow!) that's being held at Turner Field for a Braves baseball game.


Thirdly, I have still not heard back from BC from eHarmony and also from my church. He's yet to worship with us again. I refuse to take responsibility for this disappearance; he had missed the two or three Sundays previous to my contacting him online. I have closed our communication on eHarmony and have effectively moved on. So sad, I know.


Fourthly, Steven, the one I copy/pasted his entire profile here, and I are still in communication. We're at level 3 of the 4-tiered process. He has sent me his list of must haves/can't stands. I read them last night and I don't know how I feel about them. I'm trying to be cautious and calm. I will probably send him my list this evening--or this week for sure.


Fifthly, here is the link to the townhouse we put an earnest money check and signed a contract on on Sunday...nothing's official, but it's definitely a possibility. I'm quite tired of renting, and however much I'd love to live in the city, I just can't afford somewhere safe...and I really like the city I'm living in now, so it's good. It's all good.


Sixthly, here is the cell phone picture of my actual picture of Paulo because I'm not at home and don't have access to my photo files right at the moment:



Kate/ie: sorry if it doesn't live up to the Xerxes picture I painted earlier. I apologize. :)

2 comments:

The Spicy Chickadee said...

thank you, my dear. and i don't care what you call me, i go by kate, kat, katie, kathryn etc. well, i don't answer to 'etc.' but i think you probably know that. kate was an attempt a long time ago to sound more grown up and because i love taming of the shrew. but i've been called katie my whole life so i think that's probably what will stick out of all options available to me. it's not a big deal either way.

awesome update. i love, love, love, LOVE your potential new house and it already comes painted!! although i probably would have different colored towels in the bathroom - that much red on red is a bit...overwhelming. and the good thing is that it is on the end of the row so you only have to worry about noisy neighbors on one side. very very cute. i wish you much luck and i'll be praying that you get it, if that is really what you want.

paulo really does look quite a bit like xerxes, although definitely not as creepy. i was not disappointed. and your eyes are absolutely stunning in that photo of the two of you - merry and twinkly.

alright, i have to read your last post and then i have GOT to get back to work.

Wu-zy Whatsit said...

i can totally see the xerxes likeness too :)